-->

Directory

Tuesday, October 11, 2016

The Floor is Lore

The following was originally posted in this thread by Aisamai, and all content contained is credited to them. Only minor changes were made to accommodate the difference in format. 


Taking a walk through Oceiros's goopy gardens, I noticed this. "Aww, there are some flowers here after all." I thought as I stepped over the dead cathedral knight and left.


About an hour later I was running from the Ancient Wyvern of Dragons' Peak and saw something oddly familiar.


I don't know which area came first, if Oceiros is a follower of the Nameless King, or anything like that; I just noticed that the two had an identical sigil decorating their floor. I haven't noticed that sigil anywhere else yet, but I don't want to accredit it solely to the Nameless King and the Dragon Worshippers as I haven't gone through Smoldering Lake and the Farron Bog in great detail yet.

Moving on to the Cathedral of the Deep, I'm pretty sure this is a collection of the Sigils of Gwyn and his children. 


It also helps explain a bit of what the Cathedral of the Deep is all about (a now defunct Way of White cathedral). There's definitely a more specific purpose to this place, however, as the statues before Aldrich have two sigils on them beneath the weeping woman, and the statues covered in red cloth have a sigil at their bases.



In Rosaria's chamber, there are many designs adorning the walls, but a few seem to hold recognizable elements. There's a twisting design that incorporates the seashell-like sigil (the same one that's on the covered statues). 


On the walls next to her bed is the Wheel of sigils I showed earlier. There's another design that I think hints to Rosaria's power; the picture's not the best, but it's two nude women leaning on a ring and beneath then a large blank space. I think it's reference to Rosaria as a Tabula Rasa kind of deity, but I have no proof.


And, finally,everyone loves cats.


That's all I noticed. Draw from these what conclusions you will, for I have none.

And now a request: If you guys see any sigils decorating the walls, particularly the ones that correlate to the Way of White Sigils, then please share where you found it (pics not necessary, just location will do).

And now an apology: sorry for the poor fashion souls, I lost a lot trying to learn how to pvp and the master outfit is my equivalent of depression sweats.

EDIT: I found this in this in Gwynevere's room. I know it's blurry, but up in the center of each door? I'm pretty sure that's a 5-petaled flower that's identical to the one at about 1:00 on the Family Sigil wheel from the CotD.


On Gwyn's tomb, on many archways in Anor Londo, and throughout all of Irithyll is this Six-Petaled flower. I know the sun is the logical thing to think of when you thing of a symbol of Gwyn, but then why does that flower keep showing up?

No comments:

Post a Comment