-->

Directory

Sunday, February 21, 2016

Dark Souls 3 vs Soulsborne


I am very excited to announce a project that I have been working on, Dark Souls 3 vs Soulsborne! I will be sitting down with the Dark Insight Podcast guys to discuss the previous Soulsborne titles and express our opinions/hopes of where there series might go with Dark Souls 3!

As community is a major part of what I do, I wanted to toss out a few questions to get your opinions on where you think/hope the series will go with Dark Souls 3! Your responses to these questions will be read and discussed in the special.

Please send your responses to the question below to thelorehunter@gmail.com by Thursday February 25th! Please note that this podcast will be SPOILER FREE regarding story and lore information. 

  • What story & lore threads do you want addressed or concluded in Dark Souls 3?
  • How do you play through a Soulsborne game for the first time? Do you go in blind or find out all the information/plan builds or wing it/binge play it or take it slow?
  • What is your single biggest hope for Dark Souls 3?

    Thanks for checking this out, and I appreciate any participation! Stay tuned for more information about when this will be released!

    3 comments:

    1. How do you play a new Souls title? Like a snail crawling up a wall to be eaten by a spider.

      ReplyDelete
    2. The Lore Hunter must know, of course - but, is there juxtaposition between knowing too much of, say a forthcoming From title, & actual hands on (so to speak) exploration?

      Probably haven't put this question as deft as I could have...
      I guess, I'm asking - navigating spoilers? Do such things matter to you?

      I ask as I'm caught, currently, in wanting to know everything Dark Souls 3, now, & the excitement of just waiting to be encompassed within its release.

      ReplyDelete
    3. My single biggest hope for DS3 is about the little things. In DS1 they introduced all kinds of details that added to the overall experience. From sound design to critters that only appeared through some obscure mechanic. Also, DS1 had without a doubt the best NPC's of any game they have done since: Heart felt stories, absurd characters, giant talking lizards, etc, al. They all added to the richness of a world you wanted to know intimately and never leave.

      My first playthrough is done at a snails pace. I honestly do not understand people who fly through the game. I explore every nook and cranny, read and contemplate every detail and after the first boss I often check a wiki to see if I missed anything. It often takes me a couple months to get through my first run.

      ReplyDelete