Hello, and welcome to The Hunt: Dark Souls 1!
The main goal of this series is to revisit Dark Soul 1 and the great community lore content made for these games before Dark Souls 3 releases in April 2016.
I am posting by area, where I will provide short summaries about the lore, the story events, and the characters found in those areas. Along with these summaries, I will provide links to the community content generated around these topics. I think that this format will be the most beneficial for the different types of reader I am hoping to capture.
If you're new to the series and currently playing through Dark Souls 1 & 2: The summaries might be useful to keep an understanding of what is happening in the game, while not spoiling too much of what happens down the road. I will post how much of a spoiler there is in the community content that I link so you can click at your own risk.
If you're new to the series and you aren't planning on playing through Dark Souls 1 & 2, but want to know what the heck is going on in these games: These posts will be perfect for giving you a basic knowledge of each area, and then providing links to really community content that will give you an even better understanding.
If you are a veteran of the series: The aggregated community content will be an easy way to find out all the theories and ideas the community has about these games.
Expectations & Disclaimers
Speculation: One of the best facets of the the Souls games is that they leave room for interpretation, and also why these games have such a strong lore community. In order to summarize these games, I will be providing my interpretation. The community lore content will provide other interpretations, and will include interpretations that differ from my own.
Feedback: I hope this goes without saying, but I encourage feedback about this series as well as links to great community lore content. Please send me any content that you think deserves a place in this series, regardless of if I have created a post about the topic already. One person cannot collect all of the cool and insightful content that the Dark Souls games inspire people to make.
No comments:
Post a Comment